RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am very strongly considering purchasing a 2016 Range Rover LWB from a private party. This individual bought this vehicle CPO 1.5 year back. 1) How comprehensive is the CPO warranty? Should I just go ahead and buy this car, confident in the CPO warranty. 2) He is asking for $67k for this CPO Range Rover with 44K miles. Is this a good price? 3) Lastly, any other major gotchas I should look out for, I am taking it for a pre-buyers inspection at my local Land Rover dealer. Not sure how much good this will do. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi all, I am very strongly considering purchasing a 2016 Range Rover LWB from a private party. This individual bought this vehicle CPO 1.5 year back. 1) How comprehensive is the CPO warranty? Should I just go ahead and buy this car, confident in the CPO warranty. 2) He is asking for $67k for this CPO Range Rover with 44K miles. Is this a good price? 3) Lastly, any other major gotchas I should look out for, I am taking it for a pre-buyers inspection at my local Land Rover dealer. Not sure how much good this will do. Thanks guys.
It's often quoted as one of the best in the industry because it essentially extends the vehicles limited bumper-to-bumper warranty to 7 years from ORIGINAL IN SERVICE DATE /100,000 miles. Your LR dealer should be able to give you the original in service date. Make sure the 2nd owner has performed all suggested maintenance, preferably with an LR dealer but definitely with an authorized service center. All LRUSA labeled warranties are fully transferable, though you do need to have your dealer register you as the new owner with LRUSA.As far as price, there's no way anyone could give you that information based on what you provided. I'd take a look at KBB or NADAGUIDES and book it out yourself, based on engine/location/options.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The CPO warranty matches the original factory warranty.

1 thing to consider is that there are three different CPO warranties. The difference is the duration extra warranty period. The CPO warranty can either be an extra 1, 2, or 3 years. It depends on what warranty option the dealer who CPO’d the vehicle purchased. The longer the warranty, the more expensive for the dealer to CPO the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Don't they charge back the warranty work to Land Rover? If they do, it's in fact the more profit to the dealer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't they charge back the warranty work to Land Rover? If they do, it's in fact the more profit to the dealer.
They would charge the warranty work back to whomever the warranty company is. I do not believe that Jaguar Land Rover has their own captive warranty company. The warranty company probably has agreed upon rates with JLR for repairs where they reimburse a certain percentage of parts costs as well as a percentage of labor costs. The repair would COULD be more profit for A dealer, but not necessarily the dealer you purchased it from. Since each dealer is its own separate entity (generally) one dealer isn’t going to do something that would cost them money but allow another dealer to profit. The CPO warranty is basically an aftermarket warranty that is sold by dealers and matches the factory warranty. I work for a national accounting firm that specializes in the dealership industry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just sold my vehicle to a friend who purchased thru the dealer. The CPO is only an additional 2 years the 3rd year was an additional $2500 ( the 2 years were $3000... car was a 2015 with 18k miles )

Also when I purchased my vehicle the tire and wheel was $2100 and now is Under Land Rover no longer a 3rd party

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,686 Posts
They would charge the warranty work back to whomever the warranty company is. I do not believe that Jaguar Land Rover has their own captive warranty company.
Correct. They only thing that is JLR based is the original factory warranty of 4 year/50K mile. All extended warranties, including CPO extensions, are through third parties.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts