RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered that the fogs from my tail lights were coming from the temperature difference on the inside of the tail light and the outside air( When the fog was present I poured warm water on the lens and the fog disappeared), therefore creating fog on the lens. Whenever the lights are off the fog disappears. i was just wondering if there was anything I could do inorder to get the warm air in the housing circulated so it would stop the fog from occuring. Also, Is Led stop lights a good idea...1) they produce less heat, 2)use less energy and most likely would result in less fog occuring. The current chrome bulbs get really warm. THANKS in advance. ;)

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
:lol: I thought I was the only one who pointed people to the great products at KaleCo!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
I cut mine with some battery fluid, the straight formula made my blinkers too bright. It also works good if you have spotty radio reception on any digital radio stations, I just pour it all over the shark fin antenna, make sure you put some newspaper in the rear window, that's stuff will make the rear window defroster so efficient it'll melt the rubber on the rear wiper blade

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Hi 2008RRSHSR;
Seriously, if they're fogging up then there's moisture inside, no two ways about it. I had it happen in my other car (SLK), and I tried smoking all the "hopium" i could about temperature differentials leaving it inside the garage vs not, til i ended up with a tail light full of water blown fuse and all, just remove it and find where is leaking, make sure you dry it really well i used a hair drier and then used a fine seam of clear silicon caulking all along the lens edge (out of sight once installed) or wherever you find the leak.
Or take it to the dealer you should be still under warranty they should fix it without any hassles.

Take care

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
806 Posts
Another thing the OP could do is remove the rear inner finish trim pieces to gain access to the structure of the truck which is right behind the rear tail-lights. This will allow him to put insulation of some sort against that metal, and isolate the outside temperature from cabin temperature.

It's possible that the condensation is as a result of the variance from inside to outside temps.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Oh for effs sake just buy a new tail light. There is condensation in the light because WATER is getting in there somehow. Plenty of people are selling their old tail lights cheap. Haysoos H Christo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts