RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title asks?? I don't see an edit button anywhere. Mods please help..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
It's only possible to edit posts for some minutes after posting.

This change was made because some people tried to "alter history" by changing their statements after someone had objected...

You can try it, answer to my post and look at your post immediately after, you'll see an edit button, but it'll be gone in some minutes (I think it was 5 minutes or so)

Sigi
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
5,425 Posts
We had a few people who, after having a hissy fit, went through and started deleting all their posts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could picture people doing that... I just finished replying to a topic and also starting a new topic and both times I looked for an edit button immediatley and didnt see one. I wonder if it has something to do with me being a new member...
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
5,425 Posts
Nothing to do with being a new member. If it's important, I'm happy to make the edits for you - as would any Mod on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
p38arover said:
Nothing to do with being a new member. If it's important, I'm happy to make the edits for you - as would any Mod on here.
Ok thanks. I will keep that in mind for future mistakes...haha
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
417 Posts
It would be nice if you could extend the length of time to edit posts. Frequently, I go back to edit typing errors etc...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,820 Posts
PARR06 said:
It would be nice if you could extend the length of time to edit posts. Frequently, I go back to edit typing errors etc...

:shock: How much more time do you need to edit a typo?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
417 Posts
Well, quite frankly, this board is so slow and glitchy I find that I have to type and submit very quickly or the post won't take. Therefore, I click submit and leave my computer for a while, waiting for the post to take. By the time I get back, it's too late to change grammer, spelling or wording. Of all the boards I am a member of, this is the only one that doesn't allow editing by the original poster.
 

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
865 Posts
PARR06 said:
Well, quite frankly, this board is so slow and glitchy I find that I have to type and submit very quickly or the post won't take. Therefore, I click submit and leave my computer for a while, waiting for the post to take. By the time I get back, it's too late to change grammer, spelling or wording. Of all the boards I am a member of, this is the only one that doesn't allow editing by the original poster.

agree and pathetic to be honest but thats the way they want it, afterall what we type here isnt forever but editing posts etc would be useful and informative like adding more info and pics....nuff said
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top