RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been having difficulty starting when my engine is hot. Sometimes, the only way to get it started is crank it over and hold the pedal to the floor. - - I have also noticed (and this may be totally unrelated) that when I remove the fuel cap, it no longer makes the sound of releasing pressure as it always has.
any ideas whats going on here ??

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
replace your fuel filter, if that doesn't help your pump may be dying. the hot-start issue is likely vapor lock

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've just started to get the same problem and was actually wondering if it was either the crank or cam sensor playing up when hot. As when it starts it runs fine.

I also thought it may be the ECU? temp sensor as the first time it did it this has come off the plug.

It's getting progressively worse but not showing on dianostics.

I'll be interested in hearing if you cure it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last night I removed, cleaned and reinstalled the engine fuel temp sensor and it seems to be working better. I will update in a day or two if the problem is gone or if it has come back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem seems to be gone - running good now. I think the connector on the sensor may have been a little loose or dirty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts