Range Rovers Forum banner

Hot or Cold..

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  SID 
#1 ·
High all, well I am geting a bit cold in my RR and this is why. When I have the seting on LO I get ambiant air, because the air con needs a new something... But when I set to 16 all I get is very hot air all the time.

I am about to do my 'O' rings as the carpet is getting wet, not from the air con !!! I think the problem is with one of the temp sensors not telling the old girl It' too hot.

I have got hold of a new cabin sensor, the one by the clock, but was wondering if the heater matrix heat sensor could produce this fault and seeing that I am going to take half the dash to bits, nows the time to deal with it :roll:

Any ideas would be helpfull

SID.

#8 ·
Get a paperclip and put it in the vents across the front of the cabinsensor there should be a little fan running drawing air in across the sensor.
The second is place a rag on the thermal sensor it is at the base of the windscreen in the center of the dash.
See if the fans increase and decrease in speed as the rag is moved on and off the sensor.
there was an article on how to test your aircon with a paper clip and piece of paper but i have had a look and the link doesn't work but the tests above are from the article.

#9 ·
PAULBROM said:
Get a paperclip and put it in the vents across the front of the cabinsensor there should be a little fan running drawing air in across the sensor.
The second is place a rag on the thermal sensor it is at the base of the windscreen in the center of the dash.
See if the fans increase and decrease in speed as the rag is moved on and off the sensor.
there was an article on how to test your aircon with a paper clip and piece of paper but i have had a look and the link doesn't work but the tests above are from the article.
Thanks Paul, checked the sensor by the clock, got a *** and it sucked the smoke right in, the thermal sensor seemed to make the fans faster when I put a tourch light on it, I guess its some thing to do with sunlight adding to the thermal load in the cabin??

Thanks for your reply, still can't control the temp though....

SID.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.