RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 RR 5.0 SC
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume nobody else is a world class idiot like me, but on the remote chance you find yourself closing the hood and then remember that you disconnected the cable pull mechanism (!!!), and then realize there's no obvious release override, don't panic, you'll have to buy a new cable but it's fairly easy to access.

From the left wheel, you'll need to remove the plastic splash shield all around, it's about 4-5 screws and some nuts. Helps to have the wheel off, but if you jack it up so it's hanging down that will give you enough room to access.

Once the shield is off, you'll be able to peek up and see a black smooth cable running along the top inner hood area. I tried pulling on this a few times hoping it would release somehow, but had to cut the cable to get access to the inner metal wire. Once you have that in pliers, give it a little tug and the hood should release. Then go buy a new cable, should be part number FSE000030 and costs about $30 from the dealer.

For some reason I didn't find much info on how to do this - heard of whacking the front with a hammer, drilling out the rivets, etc. etc., so feared the worst.

General target area, you'll be looking up to the left of that black box (the air intake filter chamber):

You can see the cable up to the top left here, at the top:

Here is a more clear shot - should be able to grab with your hand, it has a zip-tie nearby that if you tug hard will pop out and give you more working room.

And finally the cut cable, it pops out of the latch if you unscrew it.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
714 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: newmanium
1 - 2 of 2 Posts