RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2010 L322 Range Rover HSE,

I randomly get a hood open warning that comes and goes while driving, sometimes not allowing me to lock the car when parked. I have searched numerous websites and understand it is a common problem caused by a sensor that can be replaced in 5 seconds, disconnected in 5 seconds, or latch that can be adjusted in 5 seconds. I cannot find these in the engine with easy access and do not know where the sensors and latches are located. Please help me find these in the engine bay so i can do these 5 second adjustments and try to solve this very frustrating problem!

Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Unlike older models with the sensor built into the right hand hood latch, it is a pin switch on top of the fender close to the windshield/ hood hinge. There is no adjustment unlike earlier latch models. Usually the issue is worse in hot weather due to expansion of the hood and plastic switch. You can unplug it and jumper the contacts to fool the alarm... or just disconnect.. I never remember which.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
47 Posts
Hi Newbie, I had similar problem on my Rover, the hood senor broke and the car kept telling me the hood was open. However it did not stop me locking the car. I simply disconnected the sensor and have not had a problem since. On my car the sensor is located on the lefthand side close to the hood mounting hinge.

Hope it's some help,
Norm.
20180806_125210.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts