RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a RRS 2016 encountered honking sound while the vehicle is stationary and locked. I believe this is caused by the tailgate swipe feature which allows you to open the tailgate with swipe of your foot. It only honks when it rains its very annoying. I have read few posts for Evoques having this issue but havent see anyone with RRS have this issue. Sending the rig to dealer tomorrow to get it checked out with few other things. If anyone has noticed this issue let me know. I dont think im the only one that notice this on RRS.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have it on the full size Range Rover, especially when the dog goes by in the rain. I'm thinking of attaching the key to the dog's collar, so she can open the tailgate and jump in when it's wet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
same here, I thought it's the alarm.
Whenever heavy rain comes.

Has anyone with a RRS 2016 encountered honking sound while the vehicle is stationary and locked. I believe this is caused by the tailgate swipe feature which allows you to open the tailgate with swipe of your foot. It only honks when it rains its very annoying. I have read few posts for Evoques having this issue but havent see anyone with RRS have this issue. Sending the rig to dealer tomorrow to get it checked out with few other things. If anyone has noticed this issue let me know. I dont think im the only one that notice this on RRS.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
same here, I thought it's the alarm.
Whenever heavy rain comes.

I am planning to ask the dealer if there is no fix for this to just disconnect it as I barly use it most of the time anyways. But today especially was very annoying since its raining in NYC pretty hard today the car all day just honked lol. I also have that annoying pedal squeal when I hit the brakes going to mention that as well to them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Search the Evoque Forum. I remember something like this happening on a few Evoques recently. I think it had to do with the kick-sensor used to automatically open the rear lift gate.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Search the Evoque Forum. I remember something like this happening on a few Evoques recently. I think it had to do with the kick-sensor used to automatically open the rear lift gate.
It is that causing the issue. I just got word from my dealer saying they performed software update for this issue and it is resolved. So hopefully no more honking when it rains lol

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
90 Posts
It is that causing the issue. I just got word from my dealer saying they performed software update for this issue and it is resolved. So hopefully no more honking when it rains lol
Yes, I had that issue on my Evoque.
At first there was no solution, so they removed the fuse.
Then they changed a sensor and reprogram...
Problem was gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts