RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2010 RRSC and at 120K miles I’m giving thought to replacing the timing chain guides. You all are familiar with the problem that some 5.0 L engines have with the guides. I like this body style and want to keep the vehicle for many years to come.

My question is this, can someone recommend an honest, competent mechanic or dealership in the mid Atlantic region to make this repair. I am in north Virginia but willing to take my vehicle out of the area if need be to find the “right” mechanic/dealership.

Thank you for your recommendations.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Please review the forum guidelines and put a real location in your profile.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2010 RRSC and at 120K miles I’m giving thought to replacing the timing chain guides. You all are familiar with the problem that some 5.0 L engines have with the guides. I like this body style and want to keep the vehicle for many years to come.

My question is this, can someone recommend an honest, competent mechanic or dealership in the mid Atlantic region to make this repair. I am in north Virginia but willing to take my vehicle out of the area if need be to find the “right” mechanic/dealership.

I'm DYI and intend to do the work on my 2012. Including timing chain guides when the time comes. However, my previous boss at work has two rovers and highly recommended Eurosport Auto Care in Davidsonville, MD (near Annapolis). Although I've never used the place (and hopefully never will), I take her recommendation in high regard. It's an option, so I'm passing it on. She tells me the mechanic is an old Land Rover tech from the dealer in Annapolis.

Whoever you end up using, do circle back and provide feedback. One never knows!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello All,

I used 4x4 Land (near Chantilly I think?) when our thermostatic unit and water pump failed on a road trip. They were very professional an reasonable:

https://www.4x4-land.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
highly recommended Eurosport Auto Care in Davidsonville, MD (near Annapolis). <snip> the mechanic is an old Land Rover tech from the dealer in Annapolis.

Whoever you end up using, do circle back and provide feedback. One never knows!
I wonder if this guy used to have a shop near Odenton, Maryland. He was honorable. Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts