RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi thought i would show off my latest addition to my bus the mount is originally a generic demountable winch plate which i aqired
but without the mounting hardware so to make it fit i trimmed off the plastic from the lower bumper/fog lamp surround and removed
the plastic splash tray from in front of the X-member/radiator mount and offered up the plate to find the front of the plate was to high
to sit under the main bumper so i set to with the disk cutter and removed about a 2 inch strip from across the top of the plate and it
sat just nicely so a little welding later and the center box section was holding the mount in place and by cutting a 5 inch bit off
each end of the strip i removed earlier i then had to nice side braces welded in as well.
And if required i can remove the winch via the grille space.

the winch is a T-max 1250lb unit with pendant and wireless control.

piccys below

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Looks great, but kind of bruttle on the approach angle. :shock:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ratman said:
Hi Snake,

Looks similar to mine, as you said fixed to the radiator crossmember

Like you I cut a Hole in the grill to gain access to the free spoil but made a peice to fill the gap
yep difference in mine is that its mounted in front of and attached to the underside of the x-member
so it sits a little lower than yours but basically the same nice one :D
i have the bits i cut from the grill but haven't made up the plate/plug as yet.

rrtoadhall said:
Looks great, but kind of bruttle on the approach angle. :shock:
it dose reduce the angle somewhat but my eas is programmed slightly higher than standard in off road mode
and to be honest i dont push my luck with this truck as its my daily driver
the winch is there more to assist other peeps than me and its condom principle (would rather have it and not need than need and not have) besides as ive only ever seen one other p38 in the flesh with a winch fitted its kinda cool to know
mine is (almost) the only one certainly in my area it is. :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Snake and Ratman110, I am going to sound stupid but here goes.....Why the cut out in the main front grill :?: :?: :?:

SID.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
SID said:
Why the cut out in the main front grill :?: :?: :?:
A place to plug in the controller, to operate the winch. Typically you want this as close as possible, to the elecrical connections on the winch, to minimise power losses in the cables (= more pulling power).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep as said unfortunately the hole is needed to access the freespool handle on the winch otherwise it means powering the cable out as well
as back in and frankly lifes to short to wait :D and it saves wear n tear on the motor.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

Great... I was looking for this pictures for very long time.. Anyone have measures? Or another solution?

Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

can get you some measurements of the mounting plate if you want but's a universal mounting plate from winchsol on ebay

may be contact them for plate

the rest was made up as we went along

the bumper took longest as we had to keep offering it up and cutting till it fitted and was tidy

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts