RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holding down the valet button for 20 seconds brings up hidden menus.....

Has anyone found anything meaningful?

Thanks,

Mark

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: Holding down the valet button for 20 seconds brings up hidden menus.....

There is nothing useful there, only a bunch of meaningless diagnostic and hardware / software information.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank you Umberto. I take all three of my trucks to Rachel and Freddie, even my Nissan at the new shop in At the old closed down body shop. I'll even skip the dealer for minor warranty work because I trust them.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

mark1107, can you share the name of this RR shop? I'm in the LA are and since my future RR is being purchased from out of state, I won't be getting much "love" from the local dealers! I know I'll have to pick a dealer for any major warranty work, but another service option would be great. Also like to support small businesses who do good work.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts

There is nothing useful there, only a bunch of meaningless diagnostic and hardware / software information.
Well, there actually was, for me anyway. My car had a weirdo thing: when starting up or shutting down, the dash displays the Land Rover logo, and the odo along with the date. Now my date was set to use the UK format and it was sort of extremely annoying. Having read about this Valet thing here, I gave that a try and found a system language option, which, surprise surprise, was UK English. I changed it and now the date format is finally correct. Below is the old format, just to be clear:
IMG_0165.jpg

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

Can't you change all that stuff via System Setup menus on the touchscreen, no secret handshake requred? ;-) I admit I haven't played with the infotainment system of a L405, but besides a handful of hard buttons gone and a few touchscreen menus added the system appears very similar to the one on my 2013 LR4. On the LR4 you touch Setup, System, Clock Adjust and Date to adjust the date and switch between dd/mm and mm/dd display format. You touch Setup, System and Language to change system language (UK English being the default.)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

British independent. Rachel Chaves is owner. Her techs are awesome. 310-309-0898 4306 w. 190th st. Torrance, ca 90504 in the back of the old Estorga Collision Center. Adam and Freddie are top notch mechanics with any kind of British car!

mark1107, can you share the name of this RR shop? I'm in the LA are and since my future RR is being purchased from out of state, I won't be getting much "love" from the local dealers! I know I'll have to pick a dealer for any major warranty work, but another service option would be great. Also like to support small businesses who do good work.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts

Can't you change all that stuff via System Setup menus on the touchscreen, no secret handshake requred? ;-) I admit I haven't played with the infotainment system of a L405, but besides a handful of hard buttons gone and a few touchscreen menus added the system appears very similar to the one on my 2013 LR4. On the LR4 you touch Setup, System, Clock Adjust and Date to adjust the date and switch between dd/mm and mm/dd display format. You touch Setup, System and Language to change system language (UK English being the default.)
I had changed every accessible option already and this thing was still off. I think it was a factory/delivery/handover bug. It never bothered me so much to actually go after it, but when I was browsing this hidden area and found that switch, it certainly made my day.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

British independent. Rachel Chaves is owner. Her techs are awesome. 310-309-0898 4306 w. 190th st. Torrance, ca 90504 in the back of the old Estorga Collision Center. Adam and Freddie are top notch mechanics with any kind of British car!
Thanks Mark, I wrote down the info and added to my growing RR file!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts