RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First time poster here. I have a 17 Supercharged and went to my dealer to get a hitch installed.

So the cost is $1839, $1096 parts + $743 labor. There's 10% off so works out to be $1655.

After doing some more research, this seems very high. They quoted me 4 hrs for the install but that seems like a lot of time to install a hitch, also the labor rate works out to be $185 per hour, is that what RR dealer service dept charges nowadays?

Thanks!

Daniel

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
17 Posts
Hi,

I just had an OEM hitch setup installed on my 17 RR TD6. Was $1700 in the DC area. First quote I got from another dealer was $1950. I even looked at buying the parts myself through a more discounted online store and it was relatively moot in cost once priced with the install services.

JD

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
If it's anything like the L494, which I presume it is, then hitch install requires removal of the entire back bumper and taillights. The bumper is really difficult to get off without breakage. There are posts on the L494 forum of people doing it themselves and they would never do it again. That said, I have seen cost of install from $2k-$3K so $1655 is a "good" deal.

Also, I just got a new key made and it requires an hour of labor (what a joke) and it was $185/hr here in Houston too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I forgot to mention I did not have the towing electronics installed (needs it for bike rack) but seems like the price is in the ball park most dealers charge. Too bad most RR's ordered by the dealer don't come with the tow package, otherwise the cost is lower and could be prorated into the lease :sad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts