RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

I've always liked the look of the older RR's, and had a 2012 RR Sport HSE with 92,000 miles pop up at a dealer today for a reasonable price and wanted opinions on the purchase.

I've been keeping an eye out for the past few months for a vehicle that I could enjoy on my short drives to work and the few other places I get to drive alone (without the family). I drive ~15 miles per day round trip to work, most other driving is with the family is in the wife's vehicle so the RR shouldn't get many miles put on it beyond a few trips to the gym and golf course here and there. Is it a purchase you all would make to enjoy the vehicle or in your opinions not quite worth the potential headache with issues a higher mileage luxury vehicle might have. I'll be calling the dealer that handled the last few services tomorrow to get their thoughts on this specific one, but wanted some outside opinions on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
If it was in very good condition and with "clean" CARFAX, I hope you bought it. I bought a 2011 HSE Lux with 73K about 5 months ago and so far so good and have taken her in a couple of road trips with no problems. For maintenance use a reputable indie shop. Use dealer when no other choice or you want to cash out a lot of money.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
I'm in the same situation you are. Having studied this thread I would by a code reader to help you understand the car and if there is a warranty from the dealer invest in that.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
434 Posts
If the real question is how much will it cost to run this - yes - if you can do a lot of the work yourself it can be ok - but if you have to go to the dealer it will be expensive. Reliability is not bad - but at 100k miles you should budget to replace control arms , shocks , alternator , thermostat and similar items shortly ....if not already done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts