RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 5.0 Range Rover (NA) The low pressure fuel system is reading 79.6lbs and a fuel pump duty ratio of 33.25%, which I understand is in its correct range. The high pressure fuel system according to what I have read should be around 1500psi at idle and around 2100psi above idle. I'm getting readings of 225 to 300 psi at idle and between 500 and 800psi above idle at around 2000 to 3000rpm. Find it strange that the engine starts immediately and runs well except its in the restricted performance mode and the computer has only one error code of P0087 indicating low fuel rail pressure. So I changed the high pressure fuel rail sensor mounted at the far end of the right side fuel rail and it did not change the low readings and still have the P0087 code.

It appears my only next step is to replace the two high pressure pumps on the right side of the block.

Just wondering if I missed anything that could cause this problem..?
Thx.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Hello, did replacing the high pressure pumps correct the problem? I have a 10 RRS SC that has been at the dealership for a month with the same problem and recently they said they think this is what is wrong after changing a few other parts.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
That would have to be the issue. It’s not uncommon for any direct injection engine.

Replace and drive..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just went through all of this with My 5.0 NA 2011 L320. I had code p0087 and P006C. Initialy I changed the low pressure pump to no avail. The high pressure fuel rail was reading around 100psi at drivers door opening then dropping to 46psi after start up and during driving. This is because both my High pressure pumps had failed, and the only thing providing fuel was the low pressure lift pump. The 5.0 engine will run, in restricted performance mode, with only the low pressure pump operating.
I replaced the pumps myself, it's really no big deal if you follow the service manual. I bought 2 Bosch units for $350 for the pair. The p0087 code went away immediately after starting the engine with the new high pressure fuel pumps installed.
Here are what my rover fuel pressure rail reads now with a new Low pressure pump and 2 new high pressure pumps.
At door opening 115psi
At start up 2146psi
around 450psi after engine stabilization at idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts