RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ever experienced and/or successfully resolved a high pitch squeal on startup? It seems to be related to the brake booster. Even the local dealership thought so and they re-torqued the brake booster bolts. It's still doing it though. It lasts anywhere from just a couple seconds to more than 10 or so seconds. It's not repeatable on ever start. I would say it occurs on half of startups. My wife was able to capture it on video but I'm not sure how to get the file attached as its not a jpg, etc.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
I have it sometimes at startup, pushing the brake down and if I ever have to forcefully push the brake. The dealer said they would need to do a diagnostic test for $160 before seeing if my extended warranty would pay for the brake booster. I said no thanks, it’s not that annoying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. At least I know I'm not the only one. I'll be interested to see if anyone else experienced it and had it fixed. I tried pushing the brake pedal harder at startup and it happened just now. I wasn't sure if it was related to brake pressure or not, but it seems to point in that direction.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
Yes I think it's related to the amount of pressure applied and if its done forcefully. There's other threads on it, some have had luck with the dealer replacing and others have had a bit of a run-around like me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have it also and like Hotdog, keep getting the run around from the dealer. Happens more often when it's cold and not so much in the summer.
The service manager said to take a video of it happening next time I come in for service and they'll replace the brake booster.

2015.5 HSE SCV6, VelocityAP

·
Registered
25 Posts
On older cars, a squeal at startup could be indicative of slightly loose fan belt(s). not sure about belts in RRS though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts