Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a pretty comprehensive search so forgive me if this has been discussed. If it has then please link me to the thread.

When I start my truck (2003 RR HSE) a high pitched squeal begins almost immediately after the engine starts... and it originates from the BACK of the truck. It does not occur when the ignition is just switched on without starting the engine, only while the engine is running. It also does not change it frequency or pitch during acceleration. As far as I can tell it persists regardless of speed as well. Does anyone have any clue what it could be? I'm at a loss and I don't really have the $$$ to take it somewhere right now. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, the diagnosis is the Fuel Pump. I took it by an independent Land Rover (Roverland) mechanic and his immediate reaction was "Fuuuuuuu.....[bleeeeep]". I am looking at parts online and have called the Land Rover dealership for price quotes, the best I can find for an OEM fuel filter is around $650 (USD). Does anyone know if the fuel filter for the BMW X5 is compatible with the L322/MKIII? They're running quite a bit cheaper than the Land Rover pumps. Also, if anyone knows of a thread that talks about DIY fuel pump replacement, let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Marcpablo. BP Utah is just about 10 minutes from me, actually. I ended up going with a salvaged fuel pump from an X5 I found on ebay. $100. They're said to be compatible/interchangeable... here's hoping :pray:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts