RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I am starting to fix small things that have broken over the last few years of owning this thing. (07HSE) As I am looking on youtube to find out what this mult-plug on the positive battery wire does, mine was disconnected along with my battery mounts no longer there, thanks AAA, I found this, an actual reason for what this crazy ear piercing noise was, could this sound that has been ringing for the last couple rings almost every time I shift from park to drive be because of a small fan in the ECU compartment!?!?! I am not sure but I will find out, this is going to take me a while because I about to go on vacation but for anyone having this issue, I believe this is the video you need to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZzvDz2cOy0

Hope this helps

-Bob

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I changed the fan on ours. The motor was toast. It sucks cold air from passenger footwell to cool the computer modules. At least when the ac is on!!! Interestingly it comes on at 95 degrees f which it can easily do in a hot sun without the engine running. It's a battery user but shuts off at some point after engine is shut off. The modules in there can get hot enough to cook eggs (when the fan fails) and I always wondered if that was a reason I had periodic erroneous trans overheat messages due to a cooked module. Fan can be tested iirc by jumping the connector on the temp sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts