RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 14 RRS w/ 70K Miles on it. No warranty left.

I'm looking at a '14 Range Rover V* SC with about 78K miles. More miles than I want but the price is in line with the miles. It has the extended CPO to 7 years and 100K. That would gibe me 22K mils and about 18 months of coverage. If is there anything specific I should worry about in this mileage range? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Only high mileage L405 issues I've seen are some interior speaker paint quality issues, and leaking diff seals, both shouldn't be incredibly common and both should be relatively inexpensive to repair.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I bought it. Traded my '14 RRS HSE with 70K for a '14 RR SC w/ 79K and a 100K CPO. Not sure what the future will hold but it drives like a brand new car and I love it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well if mine is any example, you will be in good shape. My 2013 HSE just turned over 114,000 miles. Other than some early-build teething problems, totally reliable with only one significant out-of-warranty repair. At 90 some thousand miles, I needed to replace front air struts for around $2k. I have heard that this is a fairly normal life span for these, but don't know for sure. And of course, an aftermarket supplier just announced rebuilds for a lot less money...six months too late. Otherwise, runs and drives like new. I am considering a new one, but really hate the thought of giving up such a good vehicle, especially considering I would go from a great V8 to a V6.

Congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
491 Posts
How much did you pay?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Curious if anyone has bought a "Manufacturers Buyback" and if they had success or regrets in doing so. I'm finding that many dealers have some inventory of lemons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts