RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rangie MY 2000 4.6 V8 HSE 150.000 km strikes back - aka car madness continues....

Yesterday d´the car suddenly decided to have a very uneven idle - about 900 rpm when warm - I turned the car of - this morning it started with 2500 - 3000 rpm IDLE!!!! I removend the MAF and the car died immediately! ( have been told this trick some years ago by a dealer - so I tried it... Started the car again with the MAF disconnected - still very high idle - but after a few minutes it "slows" down - and just becomes uneven again....

I took the Throtlle body unit of some time ago to change the TBU-heater plate - did not have a new gasket so I just used the old one - could it be a tiny leak that does it - or should I suspect a crankshaft, camshaft, MAF-sensors or the TPS itself?!

what's next?! benging sound when I pull the throtlle really quick.... leaking waterpump.... Oh Lord have mercy!!!!!

Ferdinand - in desperate need of advise!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, don't even know where to look for it right now - gotta look in the workshop manual...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ordered lots of goodies from P38-spares.co.uk:

a new IAC-unit
a set of Magnecor leads
a set of sparkplugs
1 coolant temp. sensor
2 drivebelts
1 drive belt tensioner
1 thermostat
2 set of pollenfilters
1 automatic gearbox filter kit....

so I'm of to give the car the big service before sending it of to the garage - so that they can deal winth the banging sound - "hopefully it's the flexplate" but I'm afraid it's going to be more serious than that....

goodies... come to daddy!!! can't wait to get a bit dirty....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts