RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to access the hidden service menu that lets you se and change (with caution) certain things? I found this for older Range Rovers using the BMW system but nothing for my MY2013 RRS.

Gerd

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
And you can't really change any settings permanently, on-screen diagnostics are only used for testing and informational purposes (to verify if your microphone works, to calibrate the touchscreen, to see what version software you are using, etc.)

·
Registered
123 Posts
is that on the 2008 model also? I held my nav button for a long time (tried left button and right button) and nothing changed on screen

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
For MY06-09s there are two types of diagnostic menus:

1- A navigation-only diagnostic menu. You access it via the same Diag. PIN entry screen for the "On-The-Move" hack that used to work on MY06 (see this thread for directions), except that you enter diag code 753 instead of 1791.

2- An infotainment system diagnostic menu, a bit more complicated to access:
a) Go to the system's Main Menu by pressing the RH hard button under the touchscreen.
b) Press the upper center portion of the touchscreen - about an inch to the right of the letter "U" in the "Main Menu" header - for a good 7 to 8 seconds (nothing visible or audible will happen at this point), then release the touchscreen.
c) Press and briefly hold the LH HARD button under the monitor. After a couple of seconds, a Diag PIN entry window should pop up over the main menu.
d) Enter diag code 753 and press OK, the diagnostics main menu will appear. Proceed at your own risk from there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
alright, here is my stupid question: is there any access/code that bypasses the "agree" button that you always have to push?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Not a stupid question, many have asked as it is a ridiculous waste of time to push that button each and every time you wish to use navigation. Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass that legal dept. disclaimer.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
alright, here is my stupid question: is there any access/code that bypasses the "agree" button that you always have to push?
Just be happy you can use the Nav and enter stuff when moving. Wife has a 2013 santefe turbo and you can't enter or navigate menus while in motion

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is there a way to turn off the screen such that you don't have to press screen off each time you start the car? I don't use the nav screen except on rare occasions and prefer to turn on the screen when I need to use it instead off having to turn it off each time I start the truck. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
For MY06-09s there are two types of diagnostic menus:

1- A navigation-only diagnostic menu. You access it via the same Diag. PIN entry screen for the "On-The-Move" hack that used to work on MY06 (see this thread for directions), except that you enter diag code 753 instead of 1791.

2- An infotainment system diagnostic menu, a bit more complicated to access:
a) Go to the system's Main Menu by pressing the RH hard button under the touchscreen.
b) Press the upper center portion of the touchscreen - about an inch to the right of the letter "U" in the "Main Menu" header - for a good 7 to 8 seconds (nothing visible or audible will happen at this point), then release the touchscreen.
c) Press and briefly hold the LH HARD button under the monitor. After a couple of seconds, a Diag PIN entry window should pop up over the main menu.
d) Enter diag code 753 and press OK, the diagnostics main menu will appear. Proceed at your own risk from there.
Are there any other codes that can be put in that menu?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Not a stupid question, many have asked as it is a ridiculous waste of time to push that button each and every time you wish to use navigation. Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass that legal dept. disclaimer.
True, but at least I can use my Nav on the move, which still gives me the opportunity to rear-end someone if I wanted to, I don't, so I don't do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts