RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

This is my second post on this Range Rover Bible.
I'm Raf, 40 year old. I'm living in France, in Lyon for those who know this place.
I just bought few days ago a Range MKIII Vogue LPG equiped. Previously, I had a VW Touareg. I do prefer the Range Rover even if some details were
more beautiful on the Touareg :oops:

My question(s)

I saw on a french forum that on BMW X5, there is a hidden menu, I tested it on the RR, and it works.

The method to enter the hidden menu of the dashboard :

Turn on ignition (Level 2)
Press the right button (check control), and keep the button pressed (10 seconds approximately). It appears first Check Control and after 10 seconds "TEST Nr 01 "

Now press the left button : No. of the car is displayed.
You have to sum the last 7 digits ex DG23278 = 22, of course, ignore the letters.

Repeatedly press the right button until "test # 19" displays.
Then press the left many times that the amount calculated above.
Press the right button, the menu is unlocked!

The functions are then available:

1/Info vehicle (no serial number and software version)
2/Test instrumentation, all the dashboard lights switch on
3/Intervalle of service and number of days since the last
4/instant consumption
5/ average consumption and range
6/Jauge gasoline in liters
7/temperature engine - in turn - temp ext
8/current speed (digital)
9/Voltage
10/Languages
11/Setting AM / PM
12/ average speed arrival time
13/Test bell (gong)
14/memory errors 00000 = no error
15-18 don't know
19/unlocking menus 3-18
20/ calculating correction for the consumption
21/Reset = the same as if disconnecting the battery.

I founded this information on a french forum, and tested it, as I said, it works, but when drinving the car, I can not display informations in real time as for exemple
Digital current speed, or current consumption.

Someone know this hidden menu and procedure (I'm sure yes) and do you know how we can set some informations to be readable with other board computer information when driving ?

Thanks in advance for answer :geek:

I'll create another post for other questions I have :think:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mr Range Rover, your link show the same think, in a better english than my translation (sorry, it is not my first language)... :oops: I had it in french.
The whole text was for persons who did not know this menu

But on the site you linked in your message, I can't read an answer to my principal question that is, is there a way to keep the settings in the dashboard information when we leave the hidden menu ?

G

·
0 Posts
RafRange said:
Thank you Mr Range Rover, your link show the same think, in a better english than my translation (sorry, it is not my first language)... :oops: I had it in french.
The whole text was for persons who did not know this menu

But on the site you linked in your message, I can't read an answer to my principal question that is, is there a way to keep the settings in the dashboard information when we leave the hidden menu ?
I understand it has the same / similar info, but it was demonstrating that this is known about and available (and links to that site appear elsewhere on this forum). As for your other question, I don't know, but the site I linked you to has lots of info on all the different pages. Maybe an answer can be found there.

·
Registered
703 Posts
All I know about is the "1791" Rover Code for the 2006+ Range Rover Sport, which unlocks destination entry while in motion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Flash G said:
All I know about is the "1791" Rover Code for the 2006+ Range Rover Sport, which unlocks destination entry while in motion.

That works for the 2006-2009 L322 as well.

What I would love to see is a menu that would allow me to change the Display (Dat time mode/Night mode), enable/disable "chirps" when locking or unlocking the car with the remote, enable auto unlock of all door when put in park and other things like this. I am not even sure if any of the aforementioned options are available, but if they are and there is a hidden menu to get to them...that's what I am looking for.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
cmarshack said:
Flash G said:

That works for the 2006-2009 L322 as well.
Actually, that works on NAS 06s only... Land Rover disabled that hack code on MY07s and later. :cry:

I don't believe there is a "night time mode" setting for our Denso touchscreen based navigation system interface I'm afraid (unless you are talking about auto-dimming, which should happen automatically depending on ambient light.) Not sure about your other requests but my guess is that, if they are available, they probably need to be enabled/disabled by a dealer via IDS on MY06 and later.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bumping this.

I tried this and it worked. However it only last as long as I had the car on. Once I turned off the car and restarted it the feature was gone.

Any advice or is it SOL?

Flash G said:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,307 Posts
umbertob said:
And don't upgrade to a newer navigation disc, or you will lose that 1791 back door.
There's a way around this "feature" as well, I just don't remember where I read it.
More or less, you have to copy the new DVD to your computer, delete a file, then burn a new DVD.
The file you remove is the file that does the flash upgrade which kills the 1791 "feature".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts