RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought I would post a pic of my "hidden" LED light bar install, super easy to install, after removing front grill. Will post some pics of night time when able. IMG_0340.jpg

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
is it bright at night time does the grille bother it as it is in front of the light i am thinking of getting a light bar on my l322

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[h=1]Putco 10033 30" Curved Luminix High Power LED Light Bar and used the Putco 8770F Luminix LED Light Bar Remote Kit[/h]When you remove the front grill, there are some screws exposed that secure the upper part of the bumper cover. The brackets for the led bar are a perfect fit for these screws, remove the two screws nearest the outside opening of the space where the grill cover goes, place the bracket over their holes and reinsert the screws. The remote kit made it super easy to wire up. I just utilized the jump start studs as my power source point. The light bar comes with both a short and taller bracket option, by using the taller bracket option, you can see from the photo that the led's sit directly behind the larger openings in the grill. This morning on the way to work was my first chance to try it out. For being "hidden", it really lights it up. One thing that would be a great project for someone that has access to a machine shop and is interested in adding exterior driving lights, is there are two metal support bars that extend vertically behind the grill, with some custom fabbed driving light brackets that would attach to these supports, and would extend thru the grill opening, it would be easy to add traditional driving lights.

·
Registered
133 Posts
A nice job! It really should help the standard lights at night, could you please tell us what Make is the LED light bar with remote option would love to fit this to mine for brightness in the very dark outback of Australia.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do you think that a single bar could go where the blue oval is on this picture. or two smaller ones in the red ovals? Do you think two small ones would give enough light?
IMG_0340.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jettec, see my post from Feb 2 for make and model number of light bar and remote. Really trying to figure out how to fab a mount for true driving lights.

·
Registered
352 Posts
What is the purpose of this light ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you ever drive long lonely sections with LOTS of wildlife, then you wil know that more light is always better.

·
Registered
352 Posts
To provide light. 8-|=
Can't tell how bright it is in the picture but seems useless compared to what the HID lights and/or High beams can do on a dark road. Not to mention it looks pretty tacky.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Can't tell how bright it is in the picture but seems useless compared to what the HID lights and/or High beams can do on a dark road. Not to mention it looks pretty tacky.
Probably not as tacky as a large mammal or marsupial plastered to your front end! I guess not too many deer to be found in Toronto!

Good one RRToadHall `)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I will be adding a LED light bar to my car as well have just ordered two new Philips 6000 k xenon ultinon HID bulbs upgrade We have large wandering cows, kangaroos,wombats,etc in Australia so the more light the better !

·
Registered
53 Posts
Slammed, have you had the honor of being in front of my truck with the light bar illuminated? Don't think so, so how would you know if it helps or not? And as far as being tacky, it's hidden.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, see my last post was edited, that's fair, as I was certainly peeved when I posted it. But why would you be critical of a fellow Rover owners modding their truck? I'm not being critical, but this forum has very few threads on owners finding ways to mod their trucks as Rover has left us with virtually no options by discontinuing most if not all off-road oriented kit. After all (see the Utah pics) some of us actually travel to places more exotic than the local mall.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
You've hit the nail on the head. With all the wildlife in our area it is advisable to have auxillary lighting as well. Pencil beams, flood lights, bull bars and brush guards have saved me many an expensive body repair over the years.

As far as the squabble that has been deleted, it's your rig do whatever you dang well please with it. I am sure a great many members here applaud your creativity and enginuity in fitment. For those who don't care for something on someone else's rig there surely are more diplomatic ways of voicing an opinion and there certainly is no call for profanity or childish antics. There is no need for play ground escalations, share the sandbox guys or go play somewhere else. RRnet is not a place for flame wars, games or trolling.8-|=

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, but really Rover is hitting the death nail on being able to mod any of their vehicles. Without the soon to be departed LR4, what are we left with? Let's hope the new defender will be more friendly. While I don't want to turn my RR into a full fledged off-roader, though it's quite capable, it would have been nice if they had left us with some kit options. I have my 2005 LR3 bought new for hardcore outings. Sliders, winch, arb bar, Hellas, proper tires, and lift kit.

image.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts