RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could find some. Plenty in 7" and 9" flavour but the 4" have been almost
impossible to find. Except here.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi,

two options for smaller HID driving lights I know of:

http://global-offroad.com/product-sites ... -4500.html (sorry, in german and quite expensive and about 5" in diameter)

http://myhellalights.com/hid_xenon_lamp ... n_HID.html (only seem to be available in the US, don't know about the price)

I haven't tried any of these, my personal dream is a pair of Hella Luminator Xenon (Rallye 4000i Xenon in the US), if they'd already be available in Germany...

I've already got a pair of Hella Micro DE Xenon, very small xenon driving lights, I only tried them once (took the bumper off and mounted them on the crush cans), they are a nice addition to the standard main beams, I just need to get around to mount them...

If you are interested in further details about the Global Offroad lights, I'd be happy to translate, etc. (no, I don't sell them and I don't know the dealer)

Do you want to run them on road or off road only?
What are the regulations in your country in this regard?
(Here, in Germany, the maximum number of main beam/driving lamps is limited to four and the light output mustn't exceed a certain value)

Sigi

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
The Terrafirma Lightforce units can come complete as a HID kit, as well as standard(ish) halogen. The smallest are 140mm.

I called my supplier based on this post, Quentin. Unfortunately, I don't think they are very familiar with the product so not a great deal of help.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After many many many searches on google I finally came up with this.
As soon as I get my some ordered, (may take a while, bills, christmas, bla, bla, bla), I'll
let you guys know how they are. In the meantime I also found this. There is
also a guy on the norwegian LR forum that has installed 3x9" on the front of his D3 and
seems very pleased with them so far.

·
Registered
344 Posts
find out what bulbs they are (most are H4), and buy slim ballast complete HID conversion kits for less than $100. Add on top of light cost ($200 max), mount ballasts under bumper, and you're on your way for a HECK of a lot cheaper.

$.02 :thumb:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But those only cost $200 dollars sent to Norway, and the ballasts are built
in, so no worries about finding a protected place to put them.
:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts