RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was driving at night and noticed the car behind had such bright headlights, that my trucks shadow was being cast over my headlight beam. I was pretty impressed. I thought it was a Mercedes or new BMW. But to my demise, it was a 2016 Mazda 3... I was not happy. The HID bulbs in my RRS are most likely the originals. So I was wondering if buying aftermarket LED bulbs would be better than HID. I want the brightest light. They are out shined by almost every other HID car. Kind of annoying. Was wondering what my best option is. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Alex

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did he have his beams on ? I mean at some point you are just pissing off other drivers and probably breaking the law with these aftermarket lights.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I get all my led lights from vleds.com. They are very bright and plug & play. The RRS HID are the only ones I have not replaced. The rest of my cars all have LED high and low beam. I read somewhere LED headlights will soon be a required standard on all new cars. It may not be until 2020.

·
Registered
309 Posts
To the OP, i'd have to agree with you as well! It seems as if my HIDs are pretty dimly lit compared with these 2016+ Mazdas. Does the amount of light emitted from the xenon gas discharge fade over time warranting replacement? I've been contemplating over the past couple years; Light OP looks pathetic compared to today's HIDs, even the ones on KIAs & Hyundais :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
I get all my led lights from vleds.com. They are very bright and plug & play. The RRS HID are the only ones I have not replaced. The rest of my cars all have LED high and low beam. I read somewhere LED headlights will soon be a required standard on all new cars. It may not be until 2020.
Do the cars you've switched to led have projector headlights or reflector? I only ask because I've noticed recently, more and more people are putting led lights and also hid lights into reflector housings, which is illegal in most countries as they create a lot of glare with the potential to cause crashes. If they're projector housings though, then they would definitely be worth it, though not always legal.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Honda & Toyota one projector and one is reflector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts