RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi need some advice from anyone knowledgable with the becm. I have an intermittent problem on my P38 dhse 2000my. It seems to loose a power feed which means the sunroof and all windows need to be reset and the radio needs it code. I havent found it yet in the state of the supply missing, just after when the error messages are on. Up to yet all battery power/earth cables have been checked, and the fusebox has been apart and resoldered. No problems have been found at all.
So the next line of thought is that one of the relays inside the becm may cause this fault. Is that possible? Im guessing that normal sleep mode wouldnt cause this fault otherwise everything would need resetting after every sleep mode. The car never fails to start whether the fault has occured or not and doesnt suffer from battery problems.
Any information that might help gladly recieved! Its getting a bit annoying resetting everything now although I now know the radio code off the top of my head!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm just wondering does it always do it when the BECM goes into sleep mode? If you leave it unlocked does it still do it?

No doubt you've checked for perfect continuity between the battery, maxi-fuses and down to the corresponding studs on the BECM with a multimeter.

I'm wondering if you've checked the earthing point E0808 which is behing the BECM on the floor (under the carpet). THere is also another eathing point behind the BECM side kick pannel at the base of the A pillar that's caused problems in the past.

·
Registered
2005 Vogue 4.4
151 Posts
Agree with benji, definitely clean and refit the significant earth behind the BeCM. After that, remove, inspect and reconnect firmly every single BeCM connector. While you are down there, look hard for signs of water, and if symptoms persist, avoid your dealer ;) Seriously though, if symptoms do persist, consider cracking open the BeCM and casting a eye over it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi, thanks for the replys. It is very intermittent, for example the fusebox and becm were refitted on saturday, the car behaved untill wednesday evening. Everything was reset and to date no further problems. It behaves as though the battery has been disconnected but obviously it hasnt.
The fusebox and wires to the becm have been checked, along with engine bay earth leads, and the earth behind the becm. I didnt know about an earth on the A pillar so thanks, will check that next!
The becm has had the cover off, no signs of water ingress or burning damage etc etc.
Its annoying because I dont find the car in the state of the power supply missing, if I could then 10 minutes with a multimeter would probably find the problem!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts