RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Range Rover HSE Sport

My rpm’s started racing up and down between 2000-6000 and my engine registered hot. I drove below 2000 rpm’s to the closest town and let the engine cool for an hour. When I started the car it wouldn’t go into gear in any position. Is it a new transmission I need??

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
442 Posts
Hi sorry for this unfortunate event.
If you have 60,000 miles something may have become defective, if you have 200,000 miles, never changed transmission fluid - yes a transmission replacement may be not such a bad idea. Dont you think providing mileage and related service history would be important with advise?
Look if you may be were loosing fluid and after car cooled off, volume of remaining fluid decreased to the point that car could not even move...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sorry for this unfortunate event.
If you have 60,000 miles something may have become defective, if you have 200,000 miles, never changed transmission fluid - yes a transmission replacement may be not such a bad idea. Dont you think providing mileage and related service history would be important with advise?
Look if you may be were loosing fluid and after car cooled off, volume of remaining fluid decreased to the point that car could not even move...
Sorry, first time doing this. 156,000 miles. can you replace lost transmission fluid or replace the whole transmission ?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
442 Posts
Both can be done. I mean if you learn that fluid is in fact was leaking, then it can be replaced followed troubleshooting of a leak. There is also a chance that transmission sustained a severe damage and fix the leak+add fluid would be too late.
These are theoretical answers to theoretical question. You will need to have vehicle inspected first.
If transmission was never ever serviced in its 156k, it may very well just crapped out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts