RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, how can i know if my 2007 Sport HSE has ACE (ACTIVE CORNERING ENHANCEMENT)

hi, how can i know if my 2007 Sport HSE has ACE (ACTIVE CORNERING ENHANCEMENT), which is standard in the Supercharged

thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: hi, how can i know if my 2007 Sport HSE has ACE (ACTIVE CORNERING ENHANCEMENT)

Also, if you have factory installed front Brembo brakes you have Dynamic Response. The two came standard on the Supercharged and as an optional "Dynamic package" on HSE trims back then.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Re: hi, how can i know if my 2007 Sport HSE has ACE (ACTIVE CORNERING ENHANCEMENT)

By the way, that video from Atlantic British is well intentioned but confusing, as it incorrectly keeps referring to Dynamic Response as DSC / Directional Stability Control. There is no such thing in a Range Rover Sport. In Land Rover speak, DSC stands for Dynamic Stability Control, which works in concert with TC / Traction Control and is standard issue on every RRS trim. You can actually turn off DSC with a switch on your dash.

ACE / Active Cornering Enhancement is an early version of Dynamic Response used on older Range Rovers. Land Rovers still uses that term in some of its service manuals for newer vehicles such as the Sport, but the system used in the Sport is called DR / Dynamic Response.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Forgive my ignorance, I am fairly new to the RRS scene, but what does the Dynamic Stability Control do, in brief ? Is that what is controlling that high-tech anti-roll bar, or bars ? Thanx.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

I recalled seeing a LR training pdf somewhere that gave all the details. So I did a quick interwebz search and this popped up...

Is this the future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu5YgglGNIk

p.s., I did not find the pdf, but basically in laymans terms it keeps the cornering flatter than in a non DR vehicle, thru some combination of tightening the swaybar, and air suspension adjustments IIRC.

Edit: I misread your post and gave you DR when you asked for DSC. See umbertob post. You can wiki ESC or DSC and get the full lowdown. DSC or many of it variants is now required by law on all passenger vehicles in the US.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

Forgive my ignorance, I am fairly new to the RRS scene, but what does the Dynamic Stability Control do, in brief ? Is that what is controlling that high-tech anti-roll bar, or bars ? Thanx.
No, that's what the optional Dynamic Response system does (it hydraulically controls the active roll bars to limit body sway in high speed turns.) Dynamic Stability Control uses sensors to limit / avoid skids when one (or more) wheel loses traction and the vehicle starts veering off its path, such when you enter a turn at too high a speed for example. Based on steering input, it applies ABS to one or more of the wheels and/or cuts of the throttle as it deems necessary to regain control of the vehicle and send it back to its intended path. This is different than Traction Control, designed to limit wheelspin during acceleration - which can occur on slippery surfaces, for example - by also applying brakes to the drive wheels and/or limiting throttle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts