RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All I'm new to the forum interested in leaning about BECMs and ECUs

Hi All Farmer Fred here or Mick for short.

I have 3 x P38 4.6 Range Rovers two on the road and one waiting for an engine which will then be my spare car in case of a breakdown all running on LPG and one very sad 50% burnt out Land Rover Discovery 2 which I am going to dismantle when the insurance is settled. I am interested in leaning as much as possible about BECMs, ECUs and EEPROM programming.

I also plan to buy a Faultmate but not sure what I need or what software I need. There doesn't seem to be any way two contact Black Box Solutions on there website for advice.

May buy a Series 1 at some point but fancied a V8

I also have a 1959 Massey Ferguson 35 Tractor.

Thanks Mick

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Re: Hi All I'm new to the forum interested in leaning about BECMs and ECUs

Hi

There is this diagnostic forum specially for faultmate etc questions. In your case with 3 cars it might be best to consider a nanocom. The faultmate is licensed to 1 car and if you have 3 cars you need to buy 3 software licences. The nanocom is licensed for the type of P38 that you have, Gems, bosch or diesel and an extra license is not very expensive.

If you pm me, I will reply and send you scans of becm service booklet from the GEMS P38. Most of it will also be applicable for the Bosch P38.

Regards

Jos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts