RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps,

I have a need for a more substantial HF antenna mount for a Diamond HF-80X antenna. I'm currently using a mag mount but would like to make sure it is grounded well as I'm getting RF pickup in the remote head of my FT-857.

Has anyone got any kind of lip mount / gutter mount fitted anywhere? I'm stumped and don't want to get the drill out just yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a start I guess.. any idea what brand it is or is it something from the workshop I wonder?

Ideally something that would clamp on the roof mounts somewhere would be better but hey!

·
Registered
127 Posts
i think he made it himself, maybe you could adapt a pair of roof bars or the foot from a roof rack ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lee_D said:
Chaps,

I have a need for a more substantial HF antenna mount for a Diamond HF-80X antenna. I'm currently using a mag mount but would like to make sure it is grounded well as I'm getting RF pickup in the remote head of my FT-857.

Has anyone got any kind of lip mount / gutter mount fitted anywhere? I'm stumped and don't want to get the drill out just yet.

See this thread I started a while back.
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21736&p=159433&hilit=amateur+radio#p159433

Regards
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts