RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have had a look on other threads and the main page, so here goes:

Hevac issue which simply described is that there is not much air coming out of the vents - ie the amount of air on any setting is low and there is barely a discernable difference from the lowest setting to the highest. Previously on anything approaching a high settimng it would blow a gale. Also when on the defrost setting it would ordinarily blow a gale but now just a wimper too.

I have no faults and have just replaced the blend motors (can't complain after 12 years) so everything seems on its face ok.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Regards

Andrew

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Have you removed the pollen filters and check to see if the blowers are working?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scoty - I will try that - I am an illiterate enthusiast but I did change my pollens filters a few months ago so I should be up to the task - I assume the blowers are able to be seen when I take the filters out.

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
remove the pollen filters and you can see the fans :thumb:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

As I have mentioned many times in my posts regarding AC problems the fans of the P38 Range Rover are both connected to a common manifold and that manifold diverses the air through the evaporator or heater or mixed part through heater part through evaporator.
The moment one of the fans is not working the air from the working fan is going the easy way which is through the not running fan to the outside.

Easy way to detect this is to put the climate control unit on recirculation and turn fans to full. The fans now suck air from the footwells so the footwell where air is blowing out instead of being sucked in is the side of the car where your fan is not operating due to a faulty realy, faulty cables, faulty electronics or worn down carbon brushes of the fan.

In many other AC question threads I have given advice so a search under my name should turn up more tips on troubleshooting on how to find and repair the fault.

Good luck

Jos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts