RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I bought my RR on 31/03/19 and found out I had a battery drain problem the day after
lol
Mine seems to be that the little fan behind the heater control unit doesn't switch off when it's supposed to and seems to drain my battery in less than 24 hours. I have pulled fuse number 12 out and the fan stops straight away, so 1 hurdle down, but I need to sort it properly so that I can use the aircon etc as it gets warmer. I have replaced the final heat resistor (yesterday) but it seems to of done diddly squat
The battery went flat the day after again so am wondering if the resistor could also be draining the battery? So unless that was knackered before I fitted it, then I understand that the only other culprit could be the wiring harness (which I'm led to believe is Hevac part No YNI500040K). To which I have tried to find where I can buy, but it seems that RR don't make this anymore and thus it's obsolete!

Can anyone help me out with any info on the above please and maybe someone that has/can make these harness's up?

TIA

Glen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts