Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Noticed something funny and a little trivial this week. About time really, I’ve had nothing to tinker with this last 6 months. I normally leave the HEVAC on AUTO. About every second time I go back to the car when started the AUTO setting is lost and the fan speed is set at manual at the speed it was last using under the AUTO setting.

The car does not get a lot of use so the first thing I tried was ensuring the battery was fully charged, but this was not the culprit. I suspect the answer is a new HEVAC unit. This looks like an easy option even from a later model (forum) (mine is a '99). Before I shell out the dollars has anyone seen this problem ?

Cheers Steve.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have had the same problem for the last month and havn't been able to find the reason for it. Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Justin, Yes I have always done so due to a slow recircualtion motor which I have let go because it really is only a little slow but still working. But good point, I will need to find out if there are now additional codes being logged. May be difficult as it is an internittent fault and my local indy has the gear to read the Hevac system. Would really be nice to be able to talk to it like we can the EAS system.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Mine has done it off and on for a couple years now also. Hooray. :dance:

My theory is that there always has to be a minimum of three quirky things that are broken or need a little attention with these cars. If you fix one of them, another will just appear soon... so it's best to pick the three least bothersome ones. For me, it's the LCD screen on the a/c, the auto fan deal you have, and the heated seats. I haven't fixed those things and I've been pretty worry free for the past couple years. *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
229 Posts
upboardin said:
Are you getting the text book icon on the HEVAC display?

Not in my case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts