Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Does anyone know how to power on the HEVAC out of the vehicle?
What connectors have 12V and GND ?
I looked through RAVE and thought I had the answer but it didn't work.
There are 4 connectors in the Z253: C244, C245, C246B, C261.
Technical drawing Drawing Technology Diagram Plan

Trying to power the HEVAC out the vehicle to troubleshoot LED screen.
Is it possible? If yes, how...

I got the unit to power up but not the LED screen which is what I need.
I connected to the C244 plug

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

As far as I know the only power comes from this connector towards the unit.
Did you have any sign of life from the display unit when it was in the car?
The LCD units fail often caused by bad contacts. There are some posts here as well as on the main site that describe on how to put pressure on the connector to get it to work.
If you press the screen with your fingers at the lower edge does it display any data then?

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jos,

I'm doing this project "al la carte" (not in the vehicle at all)...
as I'm attempting to get a solution that fixes other P38s with similar HEVAC problems.
Text Technical drawing Floor plan Diagram Plan
Text Line Font Design Pattern
Text Font Design Parallel
Text Font Design Line Parallel

This is what I've been working with/from...(RAVE)...

What "bad contacts" are you referring to...?
Which particular "connectors" are you referring to...?

Although "pushing on the screen" may work for some...I'm leaning away from 'bubble gum and band-aid fixes' and would like to find out the "tech solutions" that don't include wonder and amazement...not to push all of the wrong buttons but I'm pretty stuck on this one and am looking for solutions that will be considered 'fixed' when complete.

what were the posts you were referring to?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

The posts regarding the connector of the lcd screen are the following:

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/15401-hevac-lcd-screen-question.html
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/20591-climate-control-fix-pictures.html

This connector is inside the unit and is not in the RAVE CD diagrams. It is a common problem for the LCD not to display the right information or even to be completely dead while the operation of the unit is ok.

So my question was if the unit when connected to the car had the same problem. As logically if the power is connected the unit should work (It will get full of error messages that could have to be cleared from the memory when back in the car).

Regards

Jos

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I would think there would have to be at least three power sources to the head unit. First would be full power to maintain memory or settings. Second would be ignition power which would activate the backlighting of the display. THird would be illumination which lights the buttons and is adjusts the display lighting.

Sorry, don't have RAVE with me to actually look at the schmatics.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

Power connections are all on C244 as in pin out details below:

I am not sure what other inputs have to be activated. If you turn the ignition to start the engine the display of the Heavac ECU turns blank. For that you have to make the test panel that simulates the inputs.

Regards

Jos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts