RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had the (rare) opportunity to use the P38 for a trip to a training course today and was quite looking forward to the 100mile round trip, with the fuel paid for by the job! However, shortly after I started my trip I looked down and saw that the HEVAC display was half missing. By that I mean that it looked as if the display was not formed properly and that some of the parts of the numbers were missing.

Halfway to my destination though the display returned to its former glory and all was good again and has remained so for the rest of the day.

I have read something on this forum previously about the bulbs going and causing problems but cannot find any pictures to see if the symptoms match mine. Has anyone had this problem and can they confirm that this is indeed the bulb issue or something rather more expensive!!?

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

It is probably not the bulbs but the connector from the lcd screen that has a problem. Adding pressure on the connection by inserting pieces of paper between the plastic cover and the connector can temporary restore the display to normal.
There was a write up not long ago with a lot of pictures.

Regards

Jos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts