Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just changed the bulbs in the HEVAC unit and now the rotary control know won't click back ... think I've broken something.

How can I re attached it?

Humph!

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
There are two legs the protrude from the panel that hold the knob in place. Perhaps one or both have broken? If I remember correctly there are photos in the Home page common issue section.

· Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
87 Posts
These things feel "broken" as you try to click them back, even when they're not.
I've just done the whole "unit out" bulb replacement job and the task of refitting this knob was the hardest part!

Look at the back of the knob and you'll see the 2 sets of tiny teeth that grip the matching teeth on the clear plastic retaining ring. These have to be aligned perfectly. I cut out and stuck tiny bits of masking tape as alignment guides on the outside of the knob and the fascia to guide me, because you lose sight of these teeth as you're refitting the knob.

Put the 2 long prongs back in to their slots, then align your bits of tape, then try pressing (firmly) one side at a time. This worked for me after a couple of goes.

That final click takes quite a bit of pressure.....but don't go mad!

(poster assumes no responsibility for broken HEVAC unit / thumbs!) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.