RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '94 classic is giving me a hesitation when cold and accelerating, and it had a longer spell of that today. Colder makes it worse, it idles fine, it drives fine, but on acceleration it can bog like it is not getting spark, then it takes off fine. The vacuum advance works. Feels electrical. Does not ever do this unless accelerating from start. I'm at a bit of a loss at what to look for or how to test. Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
maybe try a different ecu. i had a intermittant problem a couple years back where i could be doing 100 km/hr on the motorway when the car would just start hessitating. spent heaps trying to find the problem. a friend was doing a conversion to (dedicated) lpg so didn't need his ecu, gave me a go with his ecu and problem fixed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
On cold starts, regardless of temperature, mine will idle fine but stumble pretty low when I give it gas from a stop for about the first five minutes of running. I haven't looked into it much since everything runs great otherwise.

On my VW's this kind of issue can sometimes be caused by a bad coolant temperature sensor or vacuum leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
p76rangie
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing