RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im trying to chase down my hesitation at 2000 rpm in last gear and keep getting different codes but today i got afew that im not sure about

these codes are from my rsw tool in transer box module
1 transfer box module/ battery under voltage
2 instr 2 lost from can ox52ED
3 instr 3 lost from can ox52F2

these codes are from eng62 fault
lamb adap bank 1
camshaft control bk 1
mis cyl 5
mis cyl 8
mis cyl 7
02 sen aged down str bk2
i know that something is bad on the dr side cyl head
maybe a bad vanos or timing issue
but i never got ox52 codes
if anyone has any input it would be great. i live in longisland and its getting cold and have no garage.
thanks guys

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
No expert but have you removed covers to check for oil at the plugs. If not move a coil and see if the the misfire changes cylinder number. I get the cold as I just did the rear brake lines on our gravel driveway and it was not fun. I never did a compression test on ours but that might give you some clues. Not sure if there is a step by step as you do not want fuel washing your cylinder walls while cranking.. I am not familiar with the code reader but am assuming it's the 4.4 BMW engine.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far what I’ve done
I replaced valve cvr gaskets and the plug hole had no oil but replaced with new plugs. I have a extra set of coils and kept swapping coils and keep getting misfire codes on that side cyl only mostly 7 and 8.
I replaced all 4 o2 sensors with Bosch and pulled the entire Exhuast out and welded 2 cracks on the cats and changed cam sensors.
The only thing I noticed was that that side cylinder bank had wear on the cam lobs.
I didn’t do a vanos refresh either

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Can you clarify the engine as my life has indicated that the jag engine can lose compression on 7 and 8. Obviously you have done a fair bit. I did read somewhere about faulty/frayed wiring or poor connectors. I noticed on our 02 sensors a film like plastic had developed on one of the connectors as I got a no signal/ weak signal from the sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts