RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a HERE map update for my nav system and they sent me the wrong one and then said it wasn't available so I returned their USB module. It's taken over a month to get my refund and they keep giving me some BS round around about approvals, credits are issued in the Netherlands, 7-10 days for my bank to recognize the credit (which is BS because it's immediate with my bank). Has anyone else had to deal with this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They finally refunded the $200+. But for pre-‘12 owners, apparently you have to go to the dealer to get an update bc theirs is no longer compatible and/or available. I went online and ordered the right one for my car and spoke with an agent verifying my year and model as well but they sent me the wrong one and if I hadn’t called in to verify something, I would have loaded the ‘13 and newer software. From what I’ve read from other users this could be disasterous and caused a replacement of the entire nav system.

·
Registered
29 Posts
at the expense of sounding like an idiot, what exactly are the HERE maps? I have a 13 and did the Rover update, is this something different? Maybe better? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at the expense of sounding like an idiot, what exactly are the HERE maps? I have a 13 and did the Rover update, is this something different? Maybe better? Thanks in advance
No worries bud, that’s what this site is for... to help others with questions. HERE maps has navigation map updates for cars and they provide it via a CD or USB dongle. It’s a cheaper solution to the dealership updates which typically cost double if not more. Without an updated map I get a lot of rerouting while driving so I found this company as an alternative. Apparently ‘12 and older models have to go to dealer and get updates now. My concern with them is that they had ‘12 map update available for purchase on their site, I spoke with the rep for a reorder and even he didn’t provide me the right information or product and it wasn’t until I called in a 2nd time that I was told it wouldn’t work. After reading a few horror stories about other map upgrades, I think I’ll leave this up to the dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
thanks bud, sounds like i should stay away anyways!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts