RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys how are you I'm new to the site I have been looking on for a while though. I love it!
So here is my problem I just bought this Range Rover it's a 96 4.0 and I can't stand the wheels. They are 15" which I guess is normal but I want to put 20's on it but I don't think there is enough room between the tire and the wheel well. have a look...

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Factory rims would be 16" or 18". Those actually look like Oldsmobile Cutlass or Delta wheels. 20" are possible. Jsut do some research and you will find plenty on the options, lug nuts and hub rigs.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Also... if that's a factory supercharger hiding under the bulge in your hood, I love you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So these are not the original wheels? If i put the 20 inch
' wheel on the car, how do I fit it between the wheel well I don't think there is enough room.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Homework assignment:

How tall are your tires? Go measure them. Then come back and tell us why they will or won't fit.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Hmmmm, you wouldn't live in Southern California would you by chance?
Don't know what gave me that idea, but going from obnoxious 15's to more obnoxious 20's may have had something to do with it :think:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok the tire is 7.5 inchs wide it is 26 inchs tall there is only 1.5 inchs of space between the top of the tire and the bottom of the wheel well. The rim is a 15 inch rim so if i put a 20 inch rim on it that would be 2.5 inchs on the top where the wheel well is, so the tire would be in the wheel well.
I do live Santa Ana Ca..

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
I would be concerned with diagnosing why the suspension does not work before dumping money into another set of nonstandard rims. Once the suspension is properly working then you will have more room to worry about rims.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Do you think that maybe if you got a bigger wheel, you could get a tire with a smaller sidewall? Crazy, I know.

PS...stock tire size isn't 26"...it's 29".

PPS...did you measure from the ground to the top of the tire? I bet you did. Measure it from side to side...the tire squishes down an inch or so from the weight of the car.

Just out of curiosity, what size tires are on it now?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
320 Posts
Also, some evil person stole your lights.

Search for wheel size, amazingly, you're not the first to ask.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
I would be concerned with diagnosing why the suspension does not work before dumping money into another set of nonstandard rims. Once the suspension is properly working then you will have more room to worry about rims.

I just looked at the pics again, specifically at the suspension while keeping in mind the 26-27" tall tires... and toad is dead on here. It looks like you're on the bumpstops. Is the EAS shot, or will it raise when you start it up?

And yeah...where are you lights? (please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...please don't say RRS conversion...)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the lights were removed so we could do a range rover sport conversion. Also when I look under the car today i noticed that there is no suspension shocks,or springs of any kind i guess thats why it's so bouncey..

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
320 Posts
Well, that you couldn't find springs doesn't surprise me (usually they don't have any) but no shocks? This could get interesting. I have a fair idea why it's bouncy, without and with shocks...

gotya96 said:
Well the lights were removed so we could do a range rover sport conversion.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well thats intresting ok so it wouldn't have come with springs.I guess now I need to see what air suspension parts if any are on the car. I'm stating to think that 6k wasn't such a good deal..

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
gotya96 said:
I'm stating to think that 6k wasn't such a good deal..
OUCH. I would do some serious research into your rig before you go much further. Visit the home page and read, then reread all of the common issues and fixes. I would also read through the model year developments to get a better idea what your rig is all about.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
gotya96 said:
I'm stating to think that 6k wasn't such a good deal..
Did you buy it from a trader?
If so you must have some come back for a non-functioning vehicle.
Your suspension isn't working, I'd be curious about load and speed rating on those tyres and you have no lights.
Or did you buy it as salvage?
Hurry up though, consumer rights can diminish after 28 days over here.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Only six grand?
What a nargain :wink:
In that same mentality then, would you like to buy my 1998 for $14,999? I am sure you would agree that is a total bargain, Dude!

Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I did I get a good price, if yours is 14k cool.. 8)
Thanks for help you guys..So I need air suspension where do I buy it? Since I saved a lot money on the car, I have some to invest.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts