Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people I am new to the forum and I am looking for some help..... I want to change all my speakers in my 06 range rover sport s/c I want to do all the door speaker the 2 rear roof speakers and the subs in the trunk door I want to replace with voice speakers,.... now I know there's 1" tweeter 1 3"mid and a 6 1/2 on the door. the rear doors have 2 speakers and the roof 2 also not sure of the size. the subs in the back I believe it has 2 subs. I would like to remove and replace like I said befor with voice speakers..... ok so my question is what would I need to install my after market system and keep the stock radio? also I want to add a iPod adapter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well regular door speakers and I basically want to keep my stock radio with aftermarket speakers and amps... I want a loud system, I done this to my Lexus but with a after market radio. I know the rrs is a lot more complicated.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Seriously, sit back, relax and chill. You posted during a holiday when folks are out and site traffic is extremely low. Give folks a chance to visit the site and see your post.

As far as your actual question it is so vague and obscure I doubt many folks will even pay attention to it. There are existing threads about changing out the subs and adding amps. Any speaker shop can help you throw money at a project like this. In fact I am sure they would jump at the chance to sell you a bunch of overpriced goods from their shelves to replace what you already have. However "loud" in no way equates to quality. I can go out and make any car loud, that in no way means it is going to sound good other than the classy rattle of the license frame.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your not helping. obviously I want to do this on my own and seek advise from those who done this. I am not too familiar with the car so I searched around and found nothing. they mentioned something about each door having it's own amp, things like that I am confused about.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Then help us help you. What exactly is you are trying to accomplish? You say you want it loud. Do you want it loud jsut for the sake of being loud? Are you having issues with a particular range being weak or distorted? You really aren't giving us much in the way of details other than to say you want it loud.

I get that you want to do this yourself. Like I said, any shop can sell you a bunch of speakers and will be happy to. Any shop whould be able to tell you what size fits where for the sizes you don;t have etc and have them in stock.

As far as the search function make sure to sort by your model only. A general search will pull up all models which is where you end up with the postings about each door having it;s own amp etc.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Whilst i don't have the L320 i do know if you want to do this successfully you will need to know your way round the ETM (TOPIx) preferable before you start. Give yourself time to absorb [all] the information or you run the risk of ending up with something worse than you started...i've done it, thinking i know better (i didn't). Very quickly you can end up with a mongrel and very little to show for the time and money, which i'm guessing in both case's could be considerable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks Larry your right. ill just pay to get it done. I mean I am good when it comes to installing things but Its also time consuming, and that i dont have plus it won't cost much I believe.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so I didn't listen and ended up doing my own install...
that's where I stuffed the part of the radio to make my stock nav work

done!!!

I also have a eq, 2 amps,capacitor, and box with 2 12's (mayhem).. just have to install the 4 tweeters and 4 door speakers.. currently running stock speakers for now..

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
33 Posts
Well done! Looks clean. Did you fabricate your own dash kit for the new head unit?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts