RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been chasing a non working speedo and have removed my speed buffer relay from the driver kick panel and found a burned/missing surface mount resistor. Can anyone help me with a picture of the PCB so I can determine what the resistor value should be to attempt a repair? I have search wide and far and cannot find a picture of the PCB anywhere.

checked wires at the transfer case and they appear clean and also cleaned the connector. I am hoping the the missing resistor will fix my problem.

Iges

1993 LWB

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Did you check the speed transducer...
Or the speedo cable... it connected from the transfer case to the transducer on the drivers side

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mikieman, thank you for the advice.

Wires at the transducer looks good but I have not tested continuity to the buffer yet. The cable to the transfer case is connected but I should probably pull it off and verify that it is good internally. I stopped looking when I found the burned part on the buffer relay. I did notice that I get a Code 68 and check engine light when the buffer relay is disconnected. I have been driving with GPS for years but am finally working out all the remaining electrical issues.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Code 68 is for sure the speed sensor..
Several years ago my Speedo stoped working... it was my cable it had rusted and broke....but to be truthful... I have never messed with the speed buffer relay... i wish you good luck in fixing your speedometer...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its strange that I get a code 68 after removing the speed buffer to take a look at it. I never had a code before even though the speedometer was not working. I put the speed buffer back in but the code is not clearing. I will try a reset and see if the code comes back. I did a visual of the cable coming out of the transfer case and it is still in place but have not removed it yet to check the cable health or the gear inside the case. I found a speed buffer on Ebay I will probably buy that just to see if that is my problem since there is a trace burned and a missing part.

Iges

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I reset the ECU and the 68 code went away with the existing Speed Buffer installed. It triggers the code when the buffer is not present. I will pull the cable at the transfer case and see what is going on in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts