·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

We have a couple of things going on.

1) Rim rash on drivers front rim, this looks like our fault
2) Rims chipping by center cap, this looks like manufacturing issue

Either way I am looking to replace at least 1 rim. This is the 20" 15 spoke allow, I think the part number is LR008548. Anyone know what one of these is going to cost me and if there is a better place to purchase than LR dealers directly ?

Really p**sed off about the chipping thing, not happy about that at all.

Thanks

WC

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
Why not have a local shop just fix the curb rash and repaint the wheel? A single will should not cost more than $75-$100 to repaint.

Thats MUCH cheaper than buying an OEM wheel

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TriGem, where would I normally go for this ? Forgive my ignorance but never had this done before. I had heard that rims could be machined but was not sure what this entailed, the cost and what type of shop I needed to take this to.

Thanks for any advice you can give

WC

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
WC,
Yup. The mobile wheel repair guys will be able to take care of any problems like this. They are very good. Expect to pay about $100-$150. You can contact one in your area directly--they just can't work in a suburban residential area. Or any larger auto dealership will have them on site usually 3 days/week. I've had mine done at the local Shaguar dealer, and also at the LR dealer while I was getting other work done. Just fyi, if its $100, the dealer usually tacks on $25 to the cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts