Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to replace my catalytic converters and I was recommended to first decarbonize the system. 1 of the 2 part kit includes this rapid induction deposit cleaner which requires me to find a vacuum hose. Could someone help me identify the correct vacuum hose. Here is the product and instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Thanks, Same setup as I have now, I haven't looked on my 2004 but you will want to find a vacuum hose as close to the intake plenium as poss. The product shouldn't have to travel far or thru any inline check valves to get to the intake.
On my Disco II there was one capped port that was in plain sight and had a cap on it. I just used seafoam.
BTW, why are you replacing the cats?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I can't seem to find the port you're referring to. What side of the engine will it be? After replacement of you oxygen sensors I'm still getting a 02 code with engine light. Took it to the stealership and they confirmed it will be a bad cat. Also occasionally hear the rattle on the passenger side. It's only the passenger side that needs replacement but I'm going to just do both.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking at the intake plenium and I remember doing the pcv a few months ago. I recall seeing a tube that seems to run the length of the intake appearing to bypass the inside and heading right to the pcv. I also notice there is a hose that runs outside along side of the intake and connected to the back of the pcv where a red orange colored o-ring sits. This seems to access the inside of the intake plenium. I assume that this hose is under vacuum. Can anyone verify? Is this where I'm supposed to spray this stuff?

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also will the tube that runs inside the entirety of the intake indeed bypass the intake and head straight to the back to the pcv? Or am I missing something. It would distribute the product throughout the 8 intakes perfectly if there were small holes it it or something. I just want to make sure of the best pathway into the intake plenium.

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,022 Posts
Ahh Ummm Please dont run that through the engine,

simply adding techron to the fuel will have lasting results for the fuel system,

Please NOTE the intake stuff your going to use if your lucky will only go through a few cylinders , and possibly damage the intake manifold seals.

So your not going to the be able to clean the intake the way you might think you will.

Why do you think you need to replace the cats?

The factory cats are quite good,
and the usual failure mode is to have the right hand cat housing crack .
a savvy welder can do the repair and you will be moving again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts