RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I decided to register my truck in GA. To do that, i must pass emissions. To do that i must solve my 02 problem

Was getting code p0140. I knew that meant that there was no communcation at all with the sensor. I went to Autoparts and bought this

Pretty straight foward. Actually simpliest thing I ever did on a car. Drove around thinking everything was fixed and in about 1 mile BAM, there's the check engine light again. This time it shows p0141 malfunciton in commincation, What the Golly Gee Bastids is going on??

Do I have the wrong sensor, Is there something Im missing? It plugged straight in and the sensor says it for the downstream pipe. I cant explain how aggravting it is to get and error message, change the part, and get a different error message for the excact part replaced, UUGGHHHHHH!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
From RAVE the definitions for those codes are

P0140 - Downstream sensor LH bank open circuit
P0141 - Downstream heater LH bank short circuit or open circuit

so not much difference. Might be worth checking the continuity of the wiring back to the ECU - RAVE has details of the pin outs.

Did you replace just the one sensor? -Just a thought could you have replaced the wrong side?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the the correct side and position.

There is a big difference between those codes. One is when there is nothing being read from the o2 sensor. the other meaning its reading but not the correct flow or whatever is being measured. I thinking maybe its possible that I have the wrong o2 sensor. It wouldnt be the first time a parts department messed up.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Have you checked the wiring harness for damage?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as far as i can tell. It looks perfectly fine :geek: . was getting p0140 now p0141. :evil:

The sensor i am replacing is the one on the drivers side behind the cat. Could it actually be I do have the wrong location :think: . If anyone could help??? :idea:

·
Registered
517 Posts
vmystikilv said:
The sensor i am replacing is the one on the drivers side behind the cat. Could it actually be I do have the wrong location
That is the one the codes suggest. It is also the correct part according to Bosch. You can check here if you like- http://www.boschautoparts.com/Resources ... artFinder/

The only way you will know for sure if the wiring is all OK is to check continuity from sensor plug to ECU.
You could also try swapping the sensors from left to right and see if the code follows the sensor - if it does you would have a duff sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts