RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

I am currently looking at a new vehicle for my wife and have narrowed it down to 2011 BMW X5 or RRS HSE. I am new to RRS and took out a 2010 the other day and was very impressed. Due to being knew to this can anyone help me in terms of what I should expect pricing wise from dealers.

I am looking at a 2010 HSE with Luxury package + surround cams and was thinking that I would lease this one.

Any help advice or shared deal info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much

WC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wildcat1 said:
All

I am currently looking at a new vehicle for my wife and have narrowed it down to 2011 BMW X5 or RRS HSE. I am new to RRS and took out a 2010 the other day and was very impressed. Due to being knew to this can anyone help me in terms of what I should expect pricing wise from dealers.

I am looking at a 2010 HSE with Luxury package + surround cams and was thinking that I would lease this one.

Any help advice or shared deal info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much

WC
If you are in southern california - or a few hours away - give Greg Ryan a call at Land Rover of Cerritos. He's the fleet manager. He cut me a great deal last week on 2010 HSE LUX. No hassle no haggle and free schedule maintenance for 4 years at their shop.

Greg is at 626-319-9015 on mobile or 562-356-1000 dealership

·
Registered
63 Posts
I picked up my new 2010 Sport a couple of months ago (Santorini black with ivory interior). Leasing offers are not very attractive from Land Rover so I ended up purchasing through their Chase offer of 3.9%. And as far as the MSRP goes you've done well if you get more than 2k off. Here in the Bay Area, my dealers wouldn't budge much.

I'm surprised how happy I am with this vehicle. It's fantastic. And I came from a manual transmission Audi S5 -- a different beast for sure, but the RRS is so comfortable to drive and the new interior is just beautiful. I recommend it but the X5 is nice looking too. They're more common than Land Rovers in my neighborhood so I don't think I'd ever get one but we all know BMW's drive so well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Some non pricing differences for you to consider.
I put 47,000 on my 2006 RRS HSE, and have 20,000 on my curren5 2008 X5 3.0, as well as 50,000 on an earlier 2003 X5 3.0
These are my subjective observations
X5 beats the RRS on the following:
More planted feel on the road.
Better (for me) cargo area
Much better ventilation using the panorama roof.
You can get an anthracite headliner.
Multi countoured and motorised seats and seat backs.
Motorised tailgate.
Better fuel economy (with the 3.0).
Diesel engine now available.

RRS advantage over the X5
Ease of entry (horrible step in on the X5) even without lowering the ride height.
Driving position (nowhere to comfortably rest your elbows and right knee in the X5).
More attractive (classier) interior in the 2010.
Ability to open just the tailgate glass.
Acceleration
Better high beam illumination during night time driving.
Less decision making on toys compared to the X5 shopping list of options.

While I really like the X5, I do miss the RRS. Never let me down or caused me any stress.
As of now, the X5 will be replaced by a new RRS HSE within the next year or so.

Even tho you asked about price, I hope this also helps.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
alsaamike said:
Better high beam illumination during night time driving.
:thumb: As some of us recently found out, this is because we basically have 4 high beam bulbs. The bi-xenon + the halogens. Not sure if that's the case with the X5.

·
Registered
543 Posts
WC1.

The simple comparable answer is the X5 comes as a Seven seater-versus the RRS which is only available as a Five seater dude !

Do you really need Full time Four Wheel Drive for all seasons, or can you get away with where you may live with All Wheel Drive ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
After a flurry of hunting and territorial marking last week, Wildcat has already captured the elusive RRS and brought it back to the den for Mrs. Wildcat.

Just fyi.

·
Registered
35 Posts
^^^Great; I wish that I would have saw this thread topic a bit earlier! RRS is a fine choice and the 2011 XM is a nice "onroad" choice, depending on what you set out to do hard to fault picking either.

OT: I've been told by multiple dearlers that the RRS and even moreso the RRS S/C are getting harder to come by; has anyone experienced this.

Also, a salesman told me that the distribution for the Land Rover line-up wide is 50,000 units per year; is there any truth to that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts