Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all. This forum has saved me so much money in the last year with help on various things. The latest is driver side headlight. For the last year I noticed headlights flickering on occasion. The left one just quit working. I’m attaching the diagnostic readout of faults I ran today with my Gap tool. I realize there are other faults going on…but one fault at a time guys. I had battery and alternator tested and both are great. Any help here would be very much appreciated!
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Document
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Document

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the turn signal work still?

On my l494 the entire assembly was flickering (DRL, turn signal, and actual headlight) turns out there is a ground wire for each headlight in the wheel well underneath the plastic. My bolt was completely corroded through in 6 years (it's a 2015). Possible your vehicle has this same issue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lights on the dash are working. I'll double-check the turn signal today and remove the plastic on the wheel well and take a look. I have oversized tires and they do get a little rub if I'm all the way left or right. This could be what is going on. Is the ground wire obvious?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The lights on the dash are working. I'll double-check the turn signal today and remove the plastic on the wheel well and take a look. I have oversized tires and they do get a little rub if I'm all the way left or right. This could be what is going on. Is the ground wire obvious?
My guess if your turn signal works that wouldn't likely be the issue. Yes, wires bolted to the frame of the car, quite obvious.

If the turn signal works, it's likely the bulb? You can switch the bulb from working side to non working side to verify .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welp.. I swapped bulbs and both bulbs are working. The turn signals, high beams, and fog lights are also in working order on that side. I guess the next step is to remove the entire headlight and check the connections? Thanks again yall. Pic of the rover is below. I love her.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts