RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a rundown on how to hardwire my Valentine1 radar detector into my 2010 RR s/c? I've hardwired these into two different BMWs by pulling the headliner down by the dome lights and tapping into a key-switched wire, I think the sunroof wire, but I always had detailed instructions that I found online to do so. I haven't found anything for the MkIII although there are a couple threads that ask the same question.

Anyone? I've got all the hardware from Valentine ready to go. Anyone at least tell me how to pull down the front part of the headliner by the dome lights without breaking anything?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
I think you can gain access to the 12v switched feed from the small access pannel with all the switches and lights on. Pop it off and have a look and a poke with a multimeter. If you have a copy of RAVE, look for info about either the interior lights or the sunroof to decide the best route to take.

Dan

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I need to remove any hidden screws to remove the overhead panel or just pull for dear life and hope I don't break anything?

·
Registered
79 Posts
remington said:
Do I need to remove any hidden screws to remove the overhead panel or just pull for dear life and hope I don't break anything?
I sent you a PM about this.

If I remember correctly there are two bolts/screws by the sunglass door on my 06, and maybe one rear screw towards the sunroof itself. Nothing is hidden though. As long as you look all around the consuole, you should be able to see them all.

You have to put way more force into pulling down the console than you will really want to. I was certain I was going to break something, but it just needs some muscle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts