RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a dog barrier/ gate for the load space of the 2010 RRS.

I have two very enthusiastic dogs who would love to jump the seats and sit on the leather of my new RRS. Either by Land Rover or after-market will work . . . Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We've had great success with two 5 year old yellow labs using one just like they sell at frontgate: http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?itemID=28017&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=28017&path=1,2,162,5873 We got ours locally at one of the rack stores or maybe even REI? I've had it for 7-10 years, so don't realy remember.

It only takes a minute or two to set up - I tend to pull it out when no dogs riding along. The horizontal bars move in/out easily to adjust and it is held in place by tightening a wing nut on (thus lengthoning) ea vertical piece. Before putting it in, I zip tied some clean white fabric to the ends (top) that touch the headliner as I didn't want to discolor it with the black rubber feet (it may be fine). I also took my time tightening as I didn't want to damage the headliner, but never any problems.

It can be used either with the back seat up or down - with two, we tend to drop the seats and give them a bit more room. Incidentally, I also purchased the Land Rover "Flexible Load Space Protector" - the cargo liner that covers the entire space & even up the sides a ways: significantly less dog hair to deal with, and less scratched up bumper because the liner drops out the back when loading/unloading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts