RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE with a broken Sunroof component on the RH side track.
Is anybody able to identify the component from the picture attached and maybe give me a Part Number or a supplier? The broken component is for the RH (Driver's) side track, I have glued it back together just to take picture - it is not fit for re-installation).

Thanks,

Jerry B.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have the same problem on my car I managed to break it when I put the sunroof glass back in

Old Part No is STC180
New part No is EHD100140

have a look at this post

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34896

contact Rich998a he can suppply you with the part at the most reasonable price, you can only replace the whole track and cant buy the lifter individually

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I saw the post and PMed him. Just a shame that one is forced to fork out major $$$s for a $2 component that has carked it.
I had hoped that by now somebody would have sourced individual components for the sunroof.

Cheers,

Jerry B.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The long sliding piece broke on mine. They're all plastic bits in your rails that will now be in the same weakened and brittle state developed with age and weathering. If you replace just this little lifter bit, then the slider bit will probably break a few months down the road. In my opinion, it's better to replace the entire rail and have all new plastic everywhere and be done with it for many more years. Not a difficult job to replace the whole rail. Headliner doesn't have to come out. More comments on a thread started by me, at least I think I started a new thread (or maybe I posted in another ongoing one). Whichever, there is more info on the forum by searching.

Brett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts