RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm new to this part of the forum but a previous user in the L322 part as i owned a 2003 4.4 Vogue.

I'm currently driving a Mercedes SL500 and for a number of reasons have decided to change into a RRS S/C. I have done a search and im either searching the wrong keywords or something but the information id hoped to read seems to be scattered across millions of threads.

Anyway, having known the L322 well and suffered a couple of its problems (it was actually a very good example) id like to know the known issues with the RRS S/C so that i can check them out when i go and view the example i hope to buy. The one i have in mind is an early example (first edition here in the UK) and has a full LR service history with low 30k miles for a 2005.

I have a great feeling from the dealer who has answered very question, sent proof of history, mileage etc and i have spoken with an indy LR mechanic who does some of the none service stuff on it to confirm various things like brakes, suspension etc etc. The indy confirmed that he has recently fully serviced the sunroof inc the drainage pipes and that it has no leaks, he has recalibrated the suspension so it sits perfectly, has fitted new seat foam to the passenger seat because the seat belt sensor became sensitive + general inspection whilst i was on the telephone with him going over aspects of the RRS.

Its also a 1 owner car so that could suggest a good car with very few problems imo ?.

All sounds well but can anyone list me the known issues so i can print them off and go through them point by point please ?.

A couple of questions from me, in the service record is shows A, B, C, Oil Service, Insp 1 & Insp 2 options what are the differences and what intervals are these expected ?. This example has had oil service, B, A, B and an A most recently (1 month ago) all carried out by the same LR dealer. No inspections, is that due to mileage ?.

Does anyone have the specification info for the First Edition ?. How does it differ from the standard S/C, is it just rear DVD & stormer wheels ?.

My Mercedes is too technical for its own good and is becoming a pain. With that and the 2 seater limitations i am deciding to chance, will the RRS S/C be a reliable vehicle ?. I can live with the odd niggle but don't want constant problems.

I am looking into warranty options but warranty providers here in the UK arent that good imo.

Thanks in advance

Carl

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone ?.

Perhaps there is a buyers guide on the forum that I can be pointed to ?.

Thanks

Carl

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Hi Carl welcome to the RRS forum.

While I'm not a fan of buying the first year of anything, I think a relatively blemish free service history trumps that. Umbertob comes to mind as someone who has had good luck with the first year.

The FAQ's section sticky on this forum documents the service schedule requirements and lists some common issues (i.e, the knock, knock who's there? front end).

I would say in general,
1. the RRS engine/drivetrain is bulletproof,
2. the front suspension needs some occasional looking after and you should listen for noises there
3. electrical glitches are on par with the German peers--and the Vogue
4. make sure dealer does all the software updates on the car.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi gooseyloosey

I have confirmed the service record with the LR dealer who has seen it since new and they commented that it was a very good example with an impressive service record. Having only covered 30k miles it has has service work up to the 75k service.

The suspension has been calibrated and according to the indy who has checked the car over it doesn't suffer from any knocks but i will listen out for it when i test drive.

A full software update has been carried out "to the whole car" according to the LR dealer and it has no outstanding recalls.

The dealer i am buying from is having problems with the DVD player (the car has factory rear screens) and its holding up the deal because an audio shop near him aren't able to locate the issue and want to replace the unit. Is this and known issue & fixable ?.

Thanks

Carl

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I'm sure they can track the RSE problem down. How much it will cost them is probably the holdup. :D There are folks on here with various years that have run into RSE issues, ranging from everything from a loose wire, on up. I'm not sure its any more common than other electrical issues. Search on "rear seat entertainment, DVD, etc."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts